During September, average rents increased across four of the five regions surveyed.
- Scottish property investment volumes remain stable
- Scottish countryside homes 11% more expensive than in urban areas
- Edinburgh named Scotland's most expensive city on per square metre basis
Key highlights included:
- rent levels remained stable across Scotland
- average rents grew again in four of the five regions surveyed
- average rent now stands at £574 pcm
- typical landlord saw returns of 4.8%
Brian Moran, lettings director at Your Move Scotland, said: “With four of the five regions of Scotland showing price growth in the last 12 months, things are looking up for Scottish landlords.
“Returns remain highly competitive and landlords are enjoying greater stability from their tenants.
“However, the upcoming introduction of the Letting Agent Code of Practice means landlords should ensure their agent is ready for the changes.”