The £450,565 worth of funding was secured by the council through the planning process as Section 106 financial contributions from housing developers.
“It is fantastic that Section 106 funding secured by South Gloucestershire Council from new housing developments can be used to help enhance our open spaces,” said Councillor Heather Goddard, cabinet member for communities and tourism.
- South Gloucestershire Council signs planning agreements for new neighbourhood
- Bristol councillors approve joint West Country development plans
- Council to launch housing company
“It’s important that as our communities grow, the provision for outdoor sport and play facilities are also improved to help both new and existing residents enjoy the outdoors and to have somewhere to get active and improve their health.”
The projects recommended to receive funding include:
- the enhancement of informal and semi-natural public open space in Tytherington Parish
- the construction of a new two changing room pavilion at Badminton Road/King George V playing fields
- improvements to drainage and enhancing the capacity of the grass pitches at The Park, Frampton Cotterell
- AEK Boco Football Club to purchase and install toilet and storage facilities at Tenniscourt Road playing field, Kingswood
- Kingswood Rugby Football Club to enhance floodlighting at Deanery Road playing fields, Kingswood
- Stoke Gifford Parish Council to purchase ground maintenance equipment to improve the condition of grass pitches at Little Stoke playing fields and The Trust Ground, Stoke Gifford
- Downend and Frenchay Tennis Club to purchase and install ‘access for all’ electric gates on the tennis courts at The Bob Stone Ground, Frenchay
- Frenchay Cricket Club to purchase cricket sight screens for The Bob Stone Ground, Frenchay
- alterations to changing rooms at Oaklands, Almondsbury to provide changing facilities for female players
- drainage and surface improvements on the Multi Uses Games Area at St Andrews School, Cromhall to increase sports facilities available to the residents of Cromhall.