The P2P lender surpassed the landmark figure after revealing that it had lent over £200m in 2017 alone and has already exceeded £100m of lending in the first four months of 2018.
Assetz Capital has been particularly active in the development finance space, with half of all lending used to fund building projects, most of which were housing.
The company has supported the development of more than 1,700 new homes in the UK so far.
- DFT Roundtable: Mezzanine finance, joint ventures and equity
- Assetz Capital supports Northern Irish apartment scheme
- Assetz Capital supports construction of luxury Holywood homes
Recent highlights include:
• £4.2m for RAA Developments to develop 12 London homes
• a £3.4m loan for Pillar Holdings to develop 14 apartments in Derbyshire.
Stuart Law, chief executive at Assetz Capital (pictured above), said it had seen truly remarkable growth in the P2P sector.
“P2P funding has been a real lifeline for growing businesses by providing flexible, secured loans to help plug this gap alongside the rest of the alternative finance industry.
“With the renewed governmental focus on housebuilding across the UK – driven in part by our new housing minister – we expect to see a further rise in demand for development finance.
“In particular, city centres and prime commuter belts across the UK look set to be development hotspots, so we expect our strong pipeline of activity to continue.”