At the FP Show 2023 on 10th November at Olympia London, Knowledge Bank founder and CEO Nicola Firth will host a series of interactive sessions that aim to engage both experienced and new-to-market brokers, IFAs, and introducers as they learn more about various parts of the specialist finance sector.
During each debate, the panellists will take questions from delegates that have either been pre-submitted or asked on the day through the official FP Show App.
Attendees will also get the chance to place deals live during the sessions.
What panels will be hosted at the FP Show 2023?
The confirmed programme is as follows:
- 10:30am — BTL mortgages
- 11:30am — commercial mortgages
- 12:30pm — bridging finance
- 1:30pm — property development finance
- 2:30pm — second-charge mortgages
The first panel will focus on the current state of the BTL market, as well as take a deep dive into first-time landlords, limited company BTLs, HMOs, and MUFBs.
The commercial mortgages session will cover several areas, such as semi-commercial and mixed-use properties, and large commercial loans.
Meanwhile, the bridging panel — which will include discussions on both regulated and unregulated short-term finance — will touch on auctions, refurbishments, and valuations, among others.
The development finance session will focus project GDVs, property conversions, and expectations for the market in 2024.
Lastly, the second-charge mortgage panel will delve into several topics, including borrowers with adverse credit, and new regulations.
Who are the panellists?
Each session will welcome several industry experts to discuss the topics, answer the audience’s questions, and place cases live during the event.
- Hilltop launches real estate funding and management platform
- Cheshire East Council seeks compensation from government following HS2 Phase 2 scrapping
- 'Absolutely zero chance of building 300,000 homes' without use of category one modular says TopHat chairman
The specialist who will be speaking during the panels include:
BTL mortgages panel
- Andrea Glasgow, sales director for specialist mortgages at Hampshire Trust Bank (HTB)
- Caroline Mirakian, sales and marketing director for United Trust Bank (UTB)
- Zahira Fayyas, regional sales manager (South East) at Market Financial Solutions (MFS)
- Simon Cockerill, head of intermediary sales development at OSB Group
- Shane Wallace, BDM at LendInvest
Commercial mortgages panel
- Mike Davies, head of business development at YBS Commercial Mortgages
- John O’Donovan, partner and head of banking and finance at Harold Benjamin
- Stephen Spinks, head of sales (South and central) at Allica Bank
- Marc Callaghan, head of specialist finance and HNW client account manager at OSB Group
Bridging finance panel
- Sundeep Patel, director of bridging at UTB
- Luke Navin, head of lending at Century Capital
- Jack Coombs, founding director at Aspen Bridging
- Richard Deacon, managing director (sales) at Octane Capital
- Tanya Elmaz, director of intermediary sales at Together
- Angela Norman, director of lending strategy and propositions at Recognise Bank
- Marcus Dussard, sales director at KSEYE
Development finance panel
- Guy Murray, head of development finance at West One
- Uliana Kuzmis, deputy managing director for development finance at HTB
- Ashley Ilsen, CEO and co-founder of Magnet Capital
- Chris Gardner, joint CEO at Atelier
- Claudine Reynolds, BDM at Roma Finance
- Parik Chandra, partner at Downing LLP
Second-charge mortgages panel
- Buster Tolfree, director of mortgages at UTB
- Marie Grundy, managing director of the residential mortgage and second-charge division at West One
- Maeve Ward, director of commercial operations at Central Trust
“I am delighted to be hosting the Live Criteria Clinics for the second year at the FP Show 2023, and really excited for people to see the stellar line-up on the panels we have joining us on stage,” said Nicola.
“As with our webinars, these sessions will take the same format where we will be getting under the hood of the lender’s criteria, asking those questions that brokers really want to know and placing as many cases as we can live on the day!”
Beth Fisher, managing director at Medianett Publishing, commented: "We're thrilled to announce that Knowledge Bank's Live Criteria Clinics will be the centrepiece of our conference agenda at the FP Show 2023.
“These interactive sessions offer a unique opportunity to delve deeper into the intricacies of the specialist finance sector.
“Throughout each debate, our expert panellists will be at your disposal, ready to field your burning questions and offer you the extraordinary chance to execute live deals.
“The live version of these clinics promise to be an unforgettable experience, empowering you with the knowledge and tools you need to thrive in the ever-evolving world of finance.”
How do I sign up for the Criteria Clinics?
Attendance to the Criteria Clinics is complimentary for brokers and other delegates at the FP Show 2023.
Those interested in attending need to register using the FP Show 2023 registration link.
Guests can select which panels they’d like to attend by completing the registration form.
During the sessions, delegates will be able to submit questions live either using the FP Show App on their phone, or from the floor during the Q&A portion of the event.
More details about the show— including a list of all exhibitors — can be found on the official website.
Those interested in attending the FP Show 2023 can register here.